To Our Bobcat Families,
The health and safety of our students and staff remains our district’s top priority, and we are closely monitoring a current rise in COVID-19 cases in Celina that are significantly impacting our campuses and threatening the safety of our students and staff.
Last week, the University Interscholastic League (UIL) contacted Athletic Directors and coaches across the State of Texas following the first football games of the season. The email, sent from the Director of Athletics Dr. Susan Elza, directed all school districts to adhere to the guidelines previously outlined by the UIL and Governor Abbott’s Executive Order GA-29. The UIL was clear that schools not following these guidelines would be subject to sanctions, which can include a discontinuation of public access to games or even a complete suspension of all contests. The email was prompted by photographs and video taken of spectators in violation of face covering and social distancing protocols at various sporting events around the state.
To help maintain the safety of our student participants and all fans, the district has hired additional security to enforce the following expectations for all UIL activities held inside and/or outside the school building:
- All spectators, including students, are required to wear face coverings upon entering the stadium and throughout the duration of the contest.
- Elementary students are required to sit with their parents throughout the duration of the contest. If students are clustered in groups away from their parents, the students’ parents will be contacted and directed to leave the stadium with their children.
- In secondary student sections, social distancing will be required and monitored by security. Secondary students will be redirected and asked to leave the stadium if they do not follow protocols for the safety of those around them.
- Rows are clearly marked for required social distancing and to direct spectators away from seats that are not to be used.
- Families are to sit together and must adhere to social distancing requirements between non-family members while maintaining 6 feet of distance.
Thank you for monitoring your health and the health of your children, staying home should COVID-like symptoms be present. We are asking all families and community members to continue working together to ensure that our students can learn, compete, and perform in a safe environment.
Tom Maglisceau – Superintendent
Dave Wilson – Principal, Celina HS
Bill Elliott – Athletic Director