We are just hours away from experiencing all the excitement of Friday Night Lights! What an opportunity for our community to come together again and welcome back our fans and guests as we return to some semblance of the life we once knew. We’re asking all fans to remember that this game is about our kids, and ultimately, our responsibility is to create a safe opportunity for our kids to compete and perform while we cheer them on and take care of one another.
Due to new University Interscholastic League (UIL) requirements and regulations, below are some of the enhanced safety procedures we will be required to follow:
- All guests are asked to self-screen and not attend if they are experiencing COVID-like symptoms. Additionally, districts are also required to screen all guests at the gate.
- All guests will be required to wear a face covering when entering and walking within the stadium gates. Once seated with family and socially distanced from others in the stands, a guest may remove a face covering. We do still encourage all guests to wear face coverings throughout the game.
- Rows will be marked to provide for required social distancing measures.
- Elementary students are required to sit with their families.
- Per UIL guidelines, fans are not permitted to stand along the fence to the north and south of the stadium seating. Also, the UIL does not allow fans to congregate along concourse areas within the stands.
To help ensure the safety of our kids and our fans, we’ve hired private security staff who will help with parking, screenings, and required protocols. Their team is eager to honor our community’s traditions while helping our staff to implement the protocols required by the UIL, and we appreciate all our fans adhering to these guidelines. Simply put, our cooperation will enable our kids–and all of us–to continue enjoying the return of Friday Night Lights.
We look forward to seeing you Friday night as we host Melissa. Because of our community’s storied history and the strength of our program, multiple media outlets will be covering the action this Friday. We thank all Bobcats for helping us create an environment that allows us to showcase our community’s commitment to one another and, most importantly, to our kids.
Tom Maglisceau – Superintendent
Dave Wilson – Principal, Celina HS
Bill Elliott – Athletic Director / Head Coach