Welcome back O’Dell Elementary families!
We are excited to see our students for the first day of school this Wednesday, August 19th! Please note some important information about our campus this year:
- Students entering 1st grade through 3rd grade are encouraged to wear a face covering in class. 4th and 5th grade students are required to wear a mask per Executive Order No. GA-29 from Gov. Abbott relating to the use of face coverings over the nose and mouth.
- All students are required to wear a face covering during Library, STEM, Music, Art, and Technology classes and/or when moving throughout the school.
- Visitors will not be allowed inside school buildings except for visits essential to school operations, including 504/ARD meetings and/or conferences that cannot be handled over the phone, by email, or through a virtual meeting.
- Teachers and staff will help students find their classrooms as parents will not be allowed to enter the building.
- Students are encouraged to bring their own lunch.
- Fast food delivery will be prohibited at this time in order to limit the risk of contamination. In special circumstances involving your child’s IEP,504, and/or dietary restrictions, please contact our campus principal, Mrs. Ceci.
- Only one family will be admitted into the office area at one time if picking up for doctor/dental appointments.
- Please share your child’s dismissal preference with his or her teacher. Any dismissal changes must be communicated to the homeroom teacher in writing or by email no later than 3:00 p.m.
- Face coverings will be worn by students during the duration of the bus route. To register your child for bus transportation, go to https://tinyurl.com/y5657stw. Once the form is submitted, it will automatically be sent to the CISD Transportation Department. If you have any questions regarding bus transportation, please call 469-742-9114.
- School Hours:
- Doors open 7:20 a.m.
- Classes begin 7:55 a.m.
- Tardy 8:00 a.m.
- Dismissal begins 3:25 p.m.