Celina Junior High (CJH) Community,
We thank you for your amazing patience and support as we have worked to create this comprehensive reopening plan! While a challenge to complete due the the fluid nature of COVID updates and legislation, we have been able to prepare and share this plan that covers the first three days in detail, as well as long-term adjustments made to ensure the safety of your students and our community. With that in mind, here are some of the highlights:
- Masks will be required per Gov. Abbot’s directive, GB-29
- To prevent crowding in hallways, lockers will NOT be utilized
- Visitors are only allowed on campus for specific, required meetings.
- We will NOT be utilizing a drop off table or distributing items to students after the school day has begun (8:15am-3:55pm)
- Parents are asked to screen their children before being sent to school; screenings will be done at entrances as an extra safety precaution.
- Remote learners only will be able to drive-through and pick up their iPads Tuesday, August 11, 2020 from 8:30am-12:00pm and 3:30pm-6:00pm.
- Day 1 (August 19th, 2020) – Athletic boys (all sports) will be dropped off at the JH field house at starting at 7:45am; all other students will be dropped off in front of the JH at staggered starting times based on last names: A-L arrive at 7:45am-8:15am, M-Z arrive at 8:15am-8:45am.
- Day 1 (August 19th, 2020) – Students who have pre-paid for their $45 iPad care fee through My School Bucks, cash, or check and completed other required registration documents will begin receiving iPads.
- From Day 2 on, CJH will operate on normal schedule – 8:15am – 3:55pm, unless otherwise stated by the 20-21 School Calendar (pdf linked).
For access to CJH’s Reopening Plan and more detailed information, click here.