Welcome to Celina Primary School
Dear Wonderful Celina Primary Families:
It is with great excitement that on Wednesday, August 19th we open the doors of Celina Primary School once again for another amazing year of teaching, learning, building friendships, and creating memories that will last a lifetime.
Please review the following information before school begins. The information below is specific to the operations of our school and adheres to the guidelines provided by state authorities.
- Visitors will not be allowed inside school buildings except for visits essential to school operations, including 504/ARD meetings and/or conferences that cannot be handled over the phone, by email, or through a virtual meeting.
- In-person volunteers will be strictly limited and must be approved by the campus principal as part of the campus safety plan.
- Any activities by external organizations will be restricted to only those that are essential to school operations, including AlphaBest.
- Any approved visitor must follow all virus prevention and mitigation requirements including, but not limited to, wearing a face covering and being screened for COVID symptoms.
- In addition to exceptions outlined in the Governor’s order, exceptions and/or other accommodations to the face covering requirement may be approved through campus administration for any person with a medical condition or disability that prevents wearing a face covering.
- Only one family will be admitted into the office area at one time. If you are just needing to drop off paperwork, a lockbox is located right outside the front doors and is checked daily. When possible please try to conduct all school business by telephone or email to minimize visitors in the front office.
Per the Executive Order No. GA-29 relating to the use of face coverings over the nose and mouth during the COVID-19 issued on July 2, 2020 and/or subsequent orders, face coverings (including cloth face coverings, face shields, and/or disposable face masks) will be required for all adults and all 4th-12th grade students while on campus, subject to the exceptions noted in the order.
- Students entering Pre-kindergarten through 3rd grade are encouraged to wear a face covering in class.
- All students, PK-12, are required to wear a face covering during transitions and/or when moving throughout the school.
- Any PK-3rd grade teacher can require that his/her students must all wear face coverings if health conditions necessitate additional precautions, and the district determines is developmentally appropriate.
- Exceptions, approved through campus administration, may be made for any person with a medical condition or disability that prevents wearing a face covering.
- All students riding a CISD bus will be required to wear a face covering.
- Parents are encouraged to provide a face covering for their child that is appropriate for the age level, developmental level, and is comfortable to wear for the duration of the school day.
- If a student arrives on campus without a face covering, one will be provided for them as long as supplies last. If/when a school runs out of supplies, a student who arrives at school without a face covering will not be permitted to remain on campus,but will be served through the District’s virtual instruction.
Meet the Teacher and First Day of School
Your child’s teacher will be contacting you to schedule a time to meet before school begins. These will be brief meetings to allow your child and their teacher to meet before the first day of school. Regretfully, since we cannot have visitors in the building, families will not be allowed to enter the building to walk their child to class on the first day of school as we have done in the past.
Communication and School Information
Our school website is a good place to visit to find up to date information about our events and our program requirements. You will also find school supplies, arrival and dismissal times, and staff information there. We will be using email and phone communication to send out reminders, so please be sure your contact information is always up to date in the parent portal. A school newsletter will be emailed at the end of each week.
Breakfast and Lunch
Breakfast and lunch are served daily in our school cafeteria. Students may purchase breakfast for $1.75 between 7:15 AM – 7:45 AM. School lunch may be purchased for $2.90.
PreKindergarten Student Drop Off and Pickup
PreKindergarten student drop off will take place at the front of the school through the main entrance of the building from 7:15-7:45 A.M. A staff member will assist students out of the car. Students who eat breakfast will be escorted to the cafeteria. All other students will be monitored in their classroom until instructional time begins.
PreKindergarten car rider pick up will take place at the front of the school through the main entrance of the building. Students will exit through the front door assisted by a staff member. All persons picking up a student must display a school-issued student pick up sign.
Kindergarten Student Drop Off and Pickup
Kindergarten student drop off will be through the gym door on the north side of the building from 7:15-7:45 A.M. A staff member will assist students out of the car. Students who eat breakfast will be escorted to the cafeteria. All other students will be monitored in their gym until instructional time begins.
Kindergarten car rider pick up will take place in the north side of the building by the gym. Students will exit through the gym door. All persons picking up a student must display a school-issued student pick up sign.
If you forget your school issued student pick up sign, you will need to park your car, and come inside the front office, and show proper identification before a student may be released to you. Please share your child’s dismissal preference with his or her teacher. Any dismissal changes must be communicated to the front office no later than 30 minutes before dismissal time. In an effort to minimize the contact between staff and visitors, in person walk up student drop off and pick up will not be available.
Families with students in both grade levels will drop off and pick up at the front of the school with the PreKindergarten group.
If your student arrives at school after 7:45 A.M. you will need to park your car, come inside the front office, and sign your child in as arriving tardy. A mask is required to enter the front office.
7:15 – 7:45 A.M. – Arrival and Breakfast
7:45 A.M. – 3:15 P.M. – Instructional Time
3:15 P.M. – Dismissal
August Meet the Teacher (By appointment only)
August 19th: First Day of School
September 7th: Labor Day – No School
Important Phone Numbers
Celina Primary School Front Office: (469) 742-9104
Cafeteria: (469) 742-9104 Ext. 2125
Bus Company: (469) 742-9114
AlphaBest Education: (972) 668-0640
We cannot wait to open the doors on the first day of school to an excited group of students, ready to have their learning explode! We know it takes an enormous amount of trust and commitment to send your child to school at this young age and we thank you in advance for putting your trust in the Celina Primary School staff and Celina ISD. We are here to serve the students and families of Celina Primary School in any way we can.
We thank you in advance for partnering with us this year to make this the best year possible for your child!
Nancy Alvarez, Principal
Celina Primary School