To: The Class of 2020 and their Families,
With the date of graduation finalized, May 29th, we now turn our thoughts to the procedures that must be followed for the safety and security of those in attendance. We ask that you and any family members in attendance be familiar with the information contained in this letter.
● In accordance with TEA, no rehearsals are permitted. Graduates will be seated, at least 6 feet from each other on the field, and will be given a mask prior to the ceremony. Students may remove their mask as they receive their diploma and have their picture taken, but students must replace the mask before returning to their seat. The diploma presentation will be “hands-free” to respect social distancing guidelines outlined by Gov. Abbott and Collin County Health Services.
● Graduates will receive 4 tickets for family members only. Included with the tickets will be COVID-19 screening information required for all attendees. Anyone with exposure and/or
presenting with COVID-19 symptoms will be excluded from graduation. Tickets will be available f or pick-up on Friday, May 22nd, at the stadium ticket booth from;
- 9:00am to 12:00pm
- 2:00pm to 4:00pm
● Gates will open at 7:30am. Family members will enter the stadium on the home side, where their tickets will be scanned for entry. Seniors will enter on the visitor side and will be screened via questioning by school officials in accordance with TEA COVID protocol. Any participant with any signs or symptoms will be excluded from the ceremony.
● The ceremony will start at 9:00am and tentatively end at 10:30am. Parking and seating are first-come, first-served. Officers and school employees will be stationed in the parking lot and
inside the stadium to provide assistance to our families as they enter and exit the facilities. Hand sanitizer will be available at all venue entrances. Bathroom attendants will be on hand to sanitize frequently used areas by attendees.
● All attendees must maintain social distancing requirements before, during, and after the ceremony. Members of the same household (five individuals or fewer), will be allowed to sit together in the stadium but must be at least 6 feet away from other family groups at all times. Only even-numbered rows will be utilized for seating.
● All attendees are REQUIRED to wear face coverings (mask) while inside the stadium. For the safety of all graduates and guests, social interaction and congregating at Bobcat Field before, during, or after the ceremony is strictly prohibited, and we appreciate your cooperation.
The CHS Administration and faculty have worked tirelessly to provide our graduates a ceremony that upholds our traditions and is in compliance with state and local guidelines. While our year was cut short, we are thankful for the opportunity to provide this important rite of passage to the Class of 2020!
Celina High School Principal