We have had a great start to the 2019-2020 school year! The past two weeks have been filled with Meet The Teacher, our 1st Bobcat Tailgate, numerous athletic events and campus meetings. This Friday, we are excited for our Bobcats to play their first game at Bobcat Field. We are blessed to have such an amazing complex for our students to use and for our fans and visitors to enjoy.
With the opening of our new stadium, new safety procedures have been put in place to ensure that our students, faculty, parents, fans and visitors experience an atmosphere that is safe and enjoyable for all in attendance. Please click on the link below to familiarize yourself with these new procedures. Our Celina ISD Police Department has been working very closely with the Celina Police Department on the creation of a traffic plan for arrivals and departures to and from Bobcat Field. Arrival and departure maps are also included in the links below.
We would like to take a moment to highlight some of the major changes you will need to know prior to our first home game scheduled for Friday, August 30th.
Changes To Stadium Procedures
- All students in grades K-5 are required to be accompanied by a parent in order to be admitted into the stadium. Parents will be notified to return to the stadium if a child,(K-5) tries to enter the stadium without an adult.
- Patrons who leave the stadium will not be allowed to re-enter without paying. This includes patrons with passes.
- No loitering will be allowed. All spectators are expected to be seated in the stadium during the duration of any athletic event with the exception of bathroom/concession stand visits. Students will not be allowed to gather in areas around the athletic complex.
- Alcohol, firearms, and/or tobacco to include vapes, juuls or any other type of e-cigarettes are NOT permitted on school property, which encompasses the entire stadium complex and parking lots.
- Outside food, drinks, coolers or beverage containers will NOT be allowed into the stadium. All purses, backpacks, and or diaper bags are subject to be searched and/or wanded.
- Enhanced Police presence will be visible on both home and visitor sides of the stadium, to include parking areas.
- Tailgating is allowed in the grassy areas around the general parking lots located on the west side of the high school campus. You are not allowed to use a parking spot for tailgating purposes. Tailgating should not create a traffic or safety hazard.
- No alcohol, tobacco to include e-cigarettes, glass and/or grills are allowed on school property.
- Tailgaters will be responsible for picking up their tailgate area and disposing of all trash prior to the start of the game.
- Tailgating will be monitored by security personnel.
- Please refer to the maps located in the links provided. All season ticket and general admission holders will enter from County Road 134. The entrance closest to the stadium will be closed. All entrances located on County Road 134 will be EXIT ONLY after the 4th quarter.
- Oversized vehicles to include RV’s will be required to park in front of the CHS Auditorium.
- Reserved parking will require a hanging placard that will be visible to lot attendants in order to be admitted into the reserved area.
Drop Off/Pick Up Areas
- The drop off/pick up area is located at the front entrance of Celina High School, located off of Preston Road.(Please see map for detailed information.) If you are dropping off a student (Grades 6-12 only) you must enter from Preston Road. Do not enter from County Road 134. No drop off/pick up will be allowed in front of the main entrance to Bobcat Stadium.
*All procedures will be reviewed following the game. If changes are needed, we will update everyone prior to our next home game.
The areas highlighted above are just a few of the changes to your Friday night experience. We encourage all of our fans to click on the links listed for more detailed information in regards to procedures and parking. Celina ISD is committed to providing an atmosphere for our fans and visitors where safety, fun, and school spirit are evident.
Superintendent of Schools